Shandong IRO Polymer Chemicals Co., Ltd.
Tel : +86-532-66888207
Aluminum Chlorohydrate (ACH)
CAS No.：12042-91-0 Molecular weight：210.48g/mol
Aluminum Chlorohydrate (ACH) is an inorganic macromolecular compound as white powder. Specific gravity is 1.33-1.35g/ml (20℃). It is easy to dissolve in water; and solution shows colorless or tawny transparent liquid with corrosion.
|Grade||Water treatment grade (Solution)||Cosmetics grade (Solution)||Water treatment grade (Powder)||
|Solubility||Soluble in water||Soluble in water||Soluble in water||Soluble in water|
Heavy metalAs Pb
|pH-value 15% (W/W)20℃||3.5-5.0||4.0-4.4||3.5-5.0||4.0-4.4|
|Permeation rate 15%||＞90%||＞90%||-----||-----|
|Particle size||----||------||100％pass 100mesh;
99％ pass 325mesh
Aluminum Chlorohydrate (ACH) solution is a highly polymerized solution of polyaluminum hydroxychloride. It is characterized by the highest aluminum concentration (23% Al2O3) in any commercially available aluminum based solution. In solid product the aluminum oxide content is 46%-50%. The basicity of Aluminum Chlorohydrate (ACH) at 83% is also the highest available for any polyaluminum based solution. Basicity refers to the degree of acid neutralization and also represents a measure of how highly polymerized the aluminum in Aluminum Chlorohydrate (ACH) is. The highly polymerized aluminum species in Aluminum Chlorohydrate (ACH) have much higher cationic charges than the aluminum in standard salts such as alum or aluminum chloride, and even other polyaluminum products. Therefore, Aluminum Chlorohydrate (ACH) can offer both a higher level of performance and lower overall dosages. The high degree of acid neutralization (basicity) also means that the effect on pH when applying Aluminum Chlorohydrate (ACH) will be negligible. Aluminum Chlorohydrate (ACH) also effectively coagulates over a broader pH range (as high as 5-9.5) versus traditional metal salts and lower basicity ACl.
Use and advantages:
1) Urban drinking water treatment
Aluminum Chlorohydrate (ACH) is used as flocculant in municipal water, drinking water, domestic water treatment. The products is produced by pure aluminum and high purity hydrochloric acid, This product conform to the requirements of USP-34 Specification, which is internationally recognized as drinking water treatment agent.
Switch to high aggregate of aluminium recognized benefits
- Improve turbidity removal capacity and flocculation speed.
- Enhance the TOC (total organic carbon) removal.
- Reduce turbidity filter, shorten the filter travel and improve production ability.
- Improve the eliminating ability to the fluorine, cadmium, radioactive pollution and floating oil.
- Reduce reagent use, simplify the operation process and eliminate pH value influence. Do not add second electrolytes.
- Reduce tap water production cost.
2) Urban sewage and industrial wastewater treatment
- Increase decoloring function
- Clean up TSS (the total suspended solids)
- Remove heavy metals such as lead (Pb), cadmium (Cd) and mercury (Hg) chromium (Cr+6)
- Remove phosphorus, fluoride and oily in the suspended solids
- Reduce 50% sludge
- Reduce reagent use, simplify the operation process, eliminate pH value influence. Do not add second electrolytes. Reduce tap water production cost. - Effectively reduce the COD, BOD, TOC white water
3) Paper industry
- Sizing agent (AKD) of the precipitation agent
- Size adhesive
- Anionic garbage removal agent
- Retention aid agent and filter aid agent
- It is additives for control resin obstacles
4) Cosmetic raw materials
- Be used as the ingredient for pharmaceuticals, antiperspirant, the special cosmetic in diary chemical industry.
Solution: 1000L IBC, 200L plastic drums, or 1,4000-2,4000L flexitank
Solid powder: 25kg fiber drums/multiwall paper bags
Packaging and handling: Storage tanks and piping for Aluminum Chlorohydrate (ACH) solutions should be constructed of materials recommended for corrosive products. FRP, PVC, HDPE and/or rubber are the materials of choice for piping and storage tanks. Metering pumps and other equipment that comes in contact with concentrated solutions of Aluminum Chlorohydrate (ACH) must also be constructed of acid resistant materials such as PVC, rubber, Teflon, ceramic and Hastolly C. No wetted parts should contain any metals such as carbon steel, stainless steel, brass or aluminum.
Slightly corrosive, non-toxic, non-dangerous article and non-contraband. Safety protection and processing Aluminum Chlorohydrate (ACH) solution. While on the job, wear goggles long sleeves rubber gloves.
General transportation method.
Aluminum Chlorohydrate; ACH; Aluminium Chlorohydrate; Aluminum chloride hydroxide; High Performance Coagulant